Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Mission Statement


I love sports!!! I love the close games, the drama, the conflict, the issues, the hits, the plays, the sweat, the uniforms, the excitement, the fans, the inspirational stories, and so on.  Sports have been a major part of my life and one thing that I love more than participating and watching them is talking about them.

Kofi Annan, the United Nations Secretary General, said, "Sport is a universal language that can bring people together, no matter what their origin, background, religious beliefs or economic status."  I agree whole heartily with this quote and so did Nelson Mandela.  When South Africa was in a civil war Nelson Mandela was held in prison for many years.  After the war he was released and he became president of South Africa.  He now was in charge of uniting a country.  How did he do this?  He used sports!!!  He united the country behind the South African Springbok Rugby team.  Just see for yourself.
 


The mission of this blog is to talk on the "Happenings" of sports.  And to unite us together on the common ground of sports. The "Happenings" will include the issues and controversies in sports as well as the amazing sport stories.  I promise that the things I post will be researched and completely understood from all sides.  I will share my beliefs and feelings to these issues in a professional matter.  Enjoy the power of sports!

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I agree, sports can unify more than just about anything in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had that experience once at Norway Cup, the largest youth soccer tournament in the world. People from all over the world united over a common passion, despite having different nationalities, religions, political beliefs, etc. I wonder if new media could extend that effect beyond the sport event itself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, sports really can unify people. I love being able to have the opportunity to be in an atmosphere where everyone is united. I am interested to see what you will post next!

    ReplyDelete